Experience historical flax processing at first hand. The Beecker Experience Museums in Wegberg, Heinsberg district, Germany, explain the flax processing steps.
Experience Flax to Linen Process and Traditional National Costumes – barrier-free in both museums!
We are happy that with the help of public authorities, we now can offer barrier-free experience in linen making and traditional national costumes.
Which areas in our Museum for European National Costumes Museum are barrier-free?
- Our European National Costumes Museum ist the biggest in Europe and accessible with a ramp from church square.
- There are three floors, which are connected with an elvator.
- A barrier-free toilette is available within 100 m in our Flaxmuseum.
Which areas in our Flaxmuseum are barrier-free?
- Barrier-free ground-floor.
- Through ramps, you can participate in our Flax-Diploma we offer outside in our garden.
- Barrier-free toilette.
- Exhibition areas in the first floor are not yet accessible for wheel chair users. We are in preparation for an elevator.
Here, you can find videoclips showing the process from flax to linen.
ripple – break – swingle – heckle – spin – weave
- Zu den Erklärvideos in deutscher Sprache mit deutschen Untertiteln (barrierefrei).
- Naar de Nederland verklarende video’s.